How Stix Works
Delivered with privacy and convenience every step of the way. No frills or stigma, just results.
Easy as pie
- Order as you go, or choose a subscription.
- We provide two tests because, well, peace of mind. We test in twos ourselves.
- Results take 5 minutes to show up & they're easy as pie to understand.
When we say discreet, we mean it
- Our site has no lingering purchase history, you own your story. You can even choose to pay with Paypal for ultimate discretion on your credit card statement.
- We deliver in a teeny tiny, plain envelope - 4x6 inches, to be exact. So it can fit into a mail slot for you apartment dwellers.
- Of course, your privacy is top of mind so expect a plain envelope with no references to Stix, not even on the return address.
Q: Why should I trust Stix over drug store brands?
We’re two women who take pregnancy tests often (👋thanks irregular periods). We’ve both had terrible experiences buying pregnancy tests. That's why we set out on a mission to create the easiest and most empowering pregnancy test purchasing experience out there. We sampled hundreds of tests, and Stix is the result of our desire to make this easier for all women, trans, and non-binary people.
Q: When should I order Stix? Is it okay to wait for delivery?
Fun fact! You should wait 19 days after having sex to take a pregnancy test. Even then, it’s best to wait a few days to confirm because hCG (the pregnancy hormone that shows up in your pee) doubles every few days.
If you’re in a panic or you’ve already missed an entire period, you can opt in for expedited or even overnight shipping.
Q: How does the science work?
Stix uses proven & FDA approved pregnancy detection technology.
Stix detects a hormone called hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which is produced when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus and starts making a placenta to nourish itself. Traces of hCG start showing up in your pee at about 10 days after the egg is fertilized. If you have hCG in your urine, it will attach to the test. Once Stix detects this hormone, it displays your result on the test window. One line means you aren’t pregnant, and two lines means you are.
Stix detects hCG at 20mIU/hCG, or about 7 to 10 days after ovulation. For the best results though, we do recommend taking the test at least three days before your missed period or 19 days after you had sex. Your levels of hCG increase every single day so the longer you wait to test, the stronger the results will be. If you do decide to test early, definitely do it first thing in the morning, before drinking any water.
Once you take your test, the results will be crystal clear. If you have additional questions, you can head here to understand your pregnancy test results.
"Stix helps women overcome the barriers they encounter when testing for pregnancy. Its product provides a private, reliable, convenient, accessible and affordable service."
The Stix Pregnancy Test