25 things we would tell our younger selves about sex
Let’s talk about sex, baby!
But seriously — we all have wisdom we wish we could share with a younger version of ourselves. When we released our Sex Ed Survey a few weeks ago, we got to hear from 2000 of you about the things you would share about sex with your younger self. Read on for some of our favorite words of sex ed wisdom!
- Don’t let anyone do anything without your ENTHUSIASTIC consent.
- Don’t do it because it’s what you think your partner wants. Do it because you genuinely want to.
- Always be open to new things, you never know what you like until you try, but don't ever let anyone pressure you into doing something you aren't comfortable with.
- If you aren’t feeling pleasure doing it, tell them!
- Don’t take it so seriously. I wish I would’ve explored more before I got into such a serious relationship.
- Relax, it’s okay if you don’t want to have sex when your partner does all the time.
- Don’t feel pressured to finish sex just because you initiated.
- Be safe and pee after.
- THAT WAS NOT AN ORGASM!
- That as scary as it is, it’s still intimate and beautiful.
- It’s not taboo and it is not a sin. It is natural to want to be desired
- Make mistakes and learn, as long as you are always respectful and make sure the other person is also feeling okay.
- Remember to say no if you are uncomfortable, or tell someone you really trust.
- Have fun! Don’t worry about how your body looks.
- If someone doesn’t respect your boundaries, get the hell out of there! Also, penis-in-vagina sex isn’t the only way to experience pleasure and have fun with a partner.
- Stop worrying about your partner’s expectations and try to enjoy yourself, figure out what you actually like! vaginal-health-probiotic
- It’s not a sin nor is it something to be ashamed of. It’s beautiful and a lot of fun with the right person.
- It’s okay to be curious about it, you’re not gross.
- Being relaxed is key to being satisfied.
- There’s a lot of trial and error in figuring out what works for you and your partner — communication is your best friend.
- That it’s not like the movies.
- Be safe, porn isn’t real, and you’re normal for not having sex until after high school.
- Orgasms can come from the clitoris by itself!
- Don’t rush it! You’ll find yourself as you mature.
- Have fun!