As two women with a deep love of lists and plans, Cynthia and I are welcoming 2020 with open arms and of course our list of resolutions. There’s just something special about a blank slate (even if it’s an arbitrary date on a calendar).
In 2019, Stix was just an idea we decided to turn into an actual business. We won our first pitch competition, received samples of our first product, packaged up orders for our very first customers, and more. Day in and day out, we were motivated by the reality that women just deserve better. Our customers’ stories and thank yous kept us going.
So now that we can neatly tuck away and say goodbye to 2019, we wanted to take a moment to set some intentions and resolutions for the start of this new decade. In 2020, we resolve to…
- Make more time for our customers. You all are the reason why we’re here. This means more customer interviews, more surveys, more one-on-one face time with you guys. We want to hear what problems you’re having with your health products so we can do it better for you.
- Collaborate with amazing female-founded brands. One of the coolest parts of this world is seeing all of the awesome women-run startups solving problems for us all. Whether it’s better products for those pesky UTIs, a vibrator that does the job better, or a bra that *actually* supports, we’re here for it. We’ve already kicked off 2020 with a great female-driven colab, enter here to win wonderful products for your vagina.
- Build our team! Now that things are rolling with Stix, we’re beyond ready to build a team of passionate people who want to make women’s lives better. Is reading this getting you excited? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get to know each other.
- Communicate with intention and vulnerability. As co-founders and best friends, we spend a lot of time together. We know we do our best work and are our happiest when we talk about what’s bugging us and how we can be better, together.
- Celebrate our wins. It’s easy to get bogged down and anxious about all the work there is to do. In wrapping up 2019, we took a step back to honor everything we’d accomplished, and we realized that we did a pretty lousy job of celebrating the wins when they were actually happening.
So, thank you for indulging in our love of list making resolutions and planning. We can’t wait for what’s in store for the new year. Bring it on, 2020...
Meet the Stix Tests